Joh 5:44 How can you believe when you accept each other’s praise and don’t look for the praise that comes from the only God?
Describe the action of seeking approval from others.
How do you know if you are seeking from others?
- You care about what people think of you
- You ignore what God think of You
- You don’t what you are doing to be exposed
- You fear you or your ideas being rejected by others
- You will do anything to attract people’s attention
Joh 12:43 They were more concerned about what people thought of them than about what God thought of them.
What happens when you are in this state?
- You are hostile towards God
- You refuse to respect God’s authority in your life
- You cannot obey God’s Standards
- You cannot please God
What should you do if you should not seek approval from other people?
- Seek God’s approval
- Don’t try to please people
- Obey God standards
- Respect God’s authority in your life